About Me

My photo
I have been blessed to be a homeschooling, soccer mom to my three children. I have been married to my best friend for 14 years! He has been my biggest source of encouragement and inspiration. The Lord is taking us on an incredible journey and we are thrilled to serve Him. We pray our testimony and our lives will point others to Him!

A Little More About My Family


Follow Me on Pinterest

Books for Moms!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Goodbye Facebook



Some of you might be my friend on facebook and have come searching for me wondering where I have gone. If that is you, I’m glad you found me. Facebook has been a great way to stay in touch with some of my very special friends and family. I love getting on facebook and seeing what my sisters are up to, seeing pictures of all my nephews and nieces...love being able to write to my best friend in Florida, love corresponding with my high school friend who is now a missionary...encouraging a wonderful friend and military wife in Colorado,  love that I am in contact with cousins I haven’t spoken to in  years... and as most of you know I love to debate politics. What I love the most are all the ENCOURAGING posts, status updates, Bible verses and quotes some share. However, I am not a fan of using facebook as a tool to hurt, judge, accuse or make assumptions. There are some posts, quotes that are just so obvious. So this past weekend I realized the best thing for me right now, as hard as it may be, is to take a break from facebook for these three reasons: 

Distraction - it's just not a wise use of my time. 
Drama - 80% of the people on Facebook are pretty normal people, but the other 20% really wear me out! 
Dissension - People airing their personal disputes or opinions of someone else on facebook just isn't the right place.

I decided this on my own accord because I know this is going to be the best for me right now... best for my spiritual walk, for my health and sanity! It will allow me to spend more time with God and my family. I will continue to blog about my family, continue to be that very, very busy soccer and homeschooling mom and continue to be a supportive and wonderful wife to my husband. Oh, and be politically active - find me on twitter! Most of you have my email so feel free to keep in touch. 

You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; 
At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
Psalm 16:11

No comments:

Post a Comment