About Me

My photo
I have been blessed to be a homeschooling, soccer mom to my three children. I have been married to my best friend for 14 years! He has been my biggest source of encouragement and inspiration. The Lord is taking us on an incredible journey and we are thrilled to serve Him. We pray our testimony and our lives will point others to Him!

A Little More About My Family


Follow Me on Pinterest

Books for Moms!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Constant Cravings?

“Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, 
that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days” 
Psalm 90:14

If I go to the grocery store while I’m hungry, my cart will usually contain extra food items I wouldn’t normally purchase. It seems like everything down every aisle looks good. My craving is usually not satisfied until I get at least one little bite of something. Well, this is also kind of like my spiritual walk. I wake up and get so caught up with the hustle and bustle of the morning that I forget to spend time with Him. It literally makes for a bad start to what could be a beautiful day. I can ask for God’s help all day long but I will not be fully satisfied until I am in His presence. We were designed in the image of God, for God. To know Him… Continually… Daily…and without ceasing.

In my devotion today I read this:

BEING SPIRITUALLY THIN IS SO NOT IN!
Look around! Spiritually hungry people are everywhere. Just turn on your television, pick up a magazine, or go to an online chat-room. People are desperately trying to fill their hunger hole…trying to find happiness and satisfaction in things, status, and people.

Now, if you dare, look even closer to home. Look at your PTA meetings, boardrooms, Little League fields, and malls. And, if you’re really brave, look in the mirror. Each one of us sees a hungry woman staring us in the face.
It is really important to turn to the Bread of Life at the first inkling of hunger pains. Go to Him with your needs and give Him your burdens. Jesus said: “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest” (Matthew 11:28). He wants to meet you at the point of your need.God gave you an open invitation to come to Him:
“Come, all who are thirsty,
come to the waters;
and you who have no money,
come, buy and eat!”
(Isaiah 55:1a)

Each time we connect with God throughout the day, our souls are nourished. Sometimes we just need a small spiritual meal. Sometimes our needs are greater. In those moments, we are invited by our compassionate God to sit down to a great big dinner.  How are you handling your constant cravings?


No comments:

Post a Comment