About Me

My photo
I have been blessed to be a homeschooling, soccer mom to my three children. I have been married to my best friend for 14 years! He has been my biggest source of encouragement and inspiration. The Lord is taking us on an incredible journey and we are thrilled to serve Him. We pray our testimony and our lives will point others to Him!

A Little More About My Family


Follow Me on Pinterest

Books for Moms!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Prayer

 "And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.”
Matthew 21:22

I read an article this week about Seven Ways to Keep Your Home Strong. Of course, it didn't surprise me to see what was #1: PRAYER ~ A family that prays together stays together! The Lord blessed me with Godly parents who taught me and my sisters how to pray. One of my most treasured memories as a child was when my parents prayed with me and my sisters. Today, I am very grateful to be married to a Godly husband who encourages his family to do the same. One of our favorite times with our kids is praying with them. Together, we pray before meals, together we pray with them every night before they go to bed; praying with them, for them and for us as a family. But we wanted them to establish a place and set aside a specific time, preferably in the morning, to specifically pray for the special people in their life.

This is a picture of our friends from Oklahoma... We have adopted them into our family!


My husband has encouraged them to begin with scripture, journal and then pray. The kids kept notes in their prayer journal but I felt like they, especially my youngest,  needed something  tangible for their personal  prayer time.  Thanks to pinterest, I was inspired to make photo prayer cards. So this week each of the kids have personalized their very own .

Carson Newman Mens Soccer Team
 
They have chosen different people to pray for. For example, Michaelah sets aside a certain day each week to pray for the Carson Newman Men Soccer Team, her youth leaders, her friends and soccer coaches and teammates. James and Katie have also personalized their cards with special friends, our pastor, missionaries and family members. Each of them will also pray for our country and its leaders. We laminated them so they will be able to journal requests, and answered prayers behind each card.  How awesome it will be for them to look at their prayer cards and journals years from now and read how God has answered their prayers and how He is continuing to bless them.  
 
There are times when our home gets pretty crazy and sometimes it's a bit messy but I pray that our home will always be a dwelling place for the Lord.

Mom and Dad... "Papa and Grandma"

No comments:

Post a Comment