About Me

My photo
I have been blessed to be a homeschooling, soccer mom to my three children. I have been married to my best friend for 14 years! He has been my biggest source of encouragement and inspiration. The Lord is taking us on an incredible journey and we are thrilled to serve Him. We pray our testimony and our lives will point others to Him!

A Little More About My Family


Follow Me on Pinterest

Books for Moms!

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Praise You in This Storm

Psalms 32:7-9
You are my hiding place from every storm of life; You even keep me from getting into trouble! You surround me with songs of victory. 
I will instruct you (says the Lord) and guide you along the best pathway for your life; 
I will advise you and watch your progress.

I love when God speaks to me through scripture. This morning I am praising the Lord for His unconditional love and His presence in my life. I am thankful that he is guiding, leading and instructing me as I walk through this crazy thing called life. I know that trials are all part of the journey but it seems like just when I am on the mountaintop, Satan creeps in and tries to use circumstances to steal my joy and weigh my spirit down. But one of the most wonderful things I have come to experience as a child of God is knowing that, through the storm, all I have to do is be still and He will fight for me ~ Exodus 14:14 "The LORD will fight for you while you keep silent."  Keep silent? Now how difficult is that?  This morning I am reminded that as a child of God there is no need to worry or fret because I am safely held in the palm of my Master's hand. I am reminded of a song by Bill Harvey, a good old friend of mine who is now with the Lord - (I can't wait to see Him in heaven). He wrote this song: Fret not, He’s watching over you. Fret not; the Lord will see you through. Fret not; you’re sure to stand the test. Commit and trust – delight and rest.”  Wow, the Lord WILL see you through and you're sure to stand the test! Whether it be a fear, or a burden, or a worry, or a care.. whether it be one of those things about the past that we can't change.. whether it be one of those untrue criticisms by others...whether it be a concern about a health issue ... whether it be a real problem or an imagined problem.. FRET NOT!! Just commit, trust, delight and rest - Psalm 37.  The truth is, I serve a God who remains the same even when the storms rage. Sometimes God calms the storm and sometimes He lets it rage and calms His child. I believe trials come our way so that we can learn wisdom, become stronger, and experience true joy. There will come a day when the storm will be just a memory and a remembrance of how God was faithful to bring you through it. He is the Author and Finisher of all life.... there is nothing out of His control...  Let not your heart be troubled for God is with you and the love of God will never fail you - Praise the Lord! I am so thankful to be a child of His. I am thankful that I can smile today because HE is my hiding place from every storm in life and because of that I can praise HIM in this storm.

Psalm 107:28-30 

"Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble, and He delivered them from their distress. He made the storm be still, and the waves of the sea were hushed. Then they were glad that the waters were quiet, and he brought them to their desired haven."






1 comment:

  1. Hi there. Do you know where I can get music for Fret Not. I remember singing that song as a teenager. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete